Genesys Co-browse (CE27) for Genesys Engage on premises
What's the challenge?Your customer is frustrated because they're having trouble on your website. Your agent is frustrated because he can't see where the customer is struggling. The customer has to describe what's on the screen; the agent has to articulate where to click. It's cumbersome — and results in long handle times.
What's the solution?Improve first contact resolution by letting agents "show and tell" with your customers through a co-browsing session, using real-time annotations, comments, or even the ability to take control of the customer's screen. There's zero footprint for customer ease and content masking for peace of mind.
Story and Business Context
A customer and a contact center agent are having a conversation over the phone or through a web chat session. During the conversation, the ability to see and control the customer's browser through co-browsing functionality enables the agent to convey information more effectively and get the customer's issue resolved more quickly.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Agent Competency||Improve understanding of request or issue and reduce the duration of the customer interaction by using co-browse|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Optimize the customer service experience by initiating a co-browse session with the customer to resolve their request the first time|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Mitigate customer frustration by providing a better method to serve and assist customers thereby reducing customer effort|
|Increased Revenue||Reduce shopping cart abandonment and increase online conversion rates|
During a call or a chat session between a customer and an agent, the customer can initiate a co-browse session with the agent, so both the agent and the customer share the same instance of the browser. This enables the agent to provide direct support to a customer trying to complete a request on the company's website.
Use Case Definition
The following flow describes the use case from the perspective of the customer and the contact center agent.
Business Flow Description
- The customer and agent are connected via a chat session or a voice call.
- The agent may propose to the customer to start a co-browse session to support him/her on the website. For security reasons, only the customer can initiate the co-browse session.
- Call only: A session ID is displayed to the customer if he/she clicks the co-browse link in the Assistance/Channel Selector Widget. This session ID is needed to join the agent desktop with the correct browser session. The customer gives this session ID to the agent over the phone. The agent enters the session ID into the agent desktop to start the co-browse session.
- Chat only: The customer clicks the three-dots icon on the chat widget and selects "Start Co-browse".
- When the session is established, the agent's desktop displays a view of the website in the browser window the customer is using. Agents start co-browse sessions in Pointer Mode. In Pointer Mode, the customer and the agent can see each other's mouse pointer but the agent cannot enter any information into the web page, click buttons, or navigate the customer's browser.
- If the agent needs to enter information into the web page or to navigate the browser, he/she can send the customer a request to switch the co-browse session to Write Mode.
- Once the customer accepts this request, the agent can navigate, fill forms, and click hyperlinks on the web page. Sensitive Data can be masked before presenting to the agent, and agent controls (the ability to fill certain fields or submit forms) can be blocked through instrumentation. The customer can revoke the Write Mode at any time, returning the agent to Pointer Mode.
- The co-browse session ends when any of the following events occurs:
- The customer chooses to end the co-browse session
- The agent chooses to end the co-browse session
- The primary chat or voice interaction is transferred or ended by either the customer or the agent
- Due to inactivity after a preconfigured time-out expires
The primary voice or chat interaction can continue even when co-browse has ended.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.