WF01 - Titles and Canonical Info
- 1 Administration Dashboard
- 2 Titles and Taxonomy
- 3 Canonical Information
- 4 Canonical Sales Content
- 5 Pain Points (Business Context)
- 6 Desired State - How to Fix It
Go back to admin dashboard to create and manage platform-specific use cases in the system:
Titles and Taxonomy
|Main Title||Subtitle||Taxonomy||Product Category||Draft||Published||Edit|
Genesys Forecasting and Scheduling
Optimize employee utilization and operational effectiveness by forecasting and scheduling for all omnichannel interactions while empowering staff through various scheduling techniques and empower employees with self-administration of their schedule.
Platform Challenge and Solution
Platform Challenge: Optimizing employees’ schedules is a tricky balance. Under staff, and customer experience can suffer as wait times climb, SLAs slip, and agents feel pressured. It’s hard to create balanced schedules that allow your company to be responsive to digital interactions while considering employee hours, contracts, preferences and time off, and labor laws. Shrinkage is eroding the amount of time agents spend handling customer interactions which leads to increased operational expense, reduced service levels, and customer churn. As millennials make up more of your workforce, they want more control in their lives and want to easily self-manage their schedules. Staffing for peaks leaves some people sitting and waiting for work, but staffing for the average load means unhappy customers or incomplete work during peaks.
Platform Solution: Find the right balance. Your Genesys solution automatically gathers data, making it easy to get accurate forecasts and scheduling scenarios across queues and activities. Genesys WFM Solution also improves forecast and schedule accuracy by including shrinkage in the plan. Give employees the control they want. The right web application empowers employees to self-manage their schedules through business rules. Back-office scheduling tools to effectively and accurately forecast work loads, with schedule automation and manual management processes.
The following benefits are based on benchmark information captured from Genesys customers and may vary based on industry or lines of business:
|Improved Employee Satisfaction||Empower employees by allowing them to self-manage their schedules against pre-determined profiles that correspond with their contractual and shift obligations. Allow employees to select profile schedules based on their personal preferences.|
|Reduced Employee Attrition||Empower agents with more control over their schedules by identifying skill gaps and extending mobility and easy-to-use web-based tools.|
|Reduced Overtime Costs||Optimizing Employee occupancy reduces overtime and therefore overtime costs. Improving strategic and long-term planning for back office staffing also reduces overtime costs.|
High Level Flow
High Level Flow Steps
- Planner creates a new forecast in Genesys Workforce Management
- He selects the required forecasting and activities for the forecast
- The desired Service Level Objective is configured
- The agent can initiate a time off / schedule preferences request in the system
- A supervisor approves / rejects the request
- Agents can also bid on schedules
- The schedule is modified based on employee schedule preferences and shift bidding
- The schedule is published to the master schedule
- Schedule adherence is monitored in real time and action taken if needed
Data Sheet Image
Canonical Sales Content
- Head of Contact Center(s)
- Head of Operations
- Head of Workforce Planning
- How do you ensure you are staffed to consistently meet your SLAs across activities/queues?
- How often do you struggle to find the right balance between understaffing/overstaffing?
- How do you currently create forecasts and schedules?
- What difficulties do you have tracking planned/unplanned shrinkage?
- Does your current forecasting/scheduling method allow you to run ‘what-if-scenarios’ or accommodate for external events?
- How does your organization manage operational efficiency and employee engagement?
- How do your employees manage their schedules and tasks?
- How do Supervisors manage coverage of schedules, constraints and labor laws?
- Can your teams use better tools for back-office scheduling (handling peaks and lulls proactively)?
- Are your teams happy with their work patterns and shift assignments, or would they like more freedom to control their schedules?
Pain Points (Business Context)
- Inability to consistently meet SLA for digital channels
- Low customer satisfaction due to excessive wait times and low first contact resolution
- Low employee engagement due to high work pressure, receiving interaction types they cannot handle and ever changing schedules
- High workforce costs due to overstaffing
- Poor CX due to understaffing
- Insufficient data for accurate forecasting
- Real performance/SLA not in line with forecast/schedule prediction
- Inability to track/manage shrinkage as part of the forecast process
- Employees get frustrated with the lack of tools available for them to self-manage their schedules.
- Employee satisfaction in regards to shift designs leads to attrition and employee engagement issues.
- No visibility into back office expected workload/staffing needs
- Not meeting back office service expectations through increasing backlog
Desired State - How to Fix It
- Create an accurate forecast and effective schedule across all activities/queues
- Gain better insight into effectiveness of several forecasting/scheduling scenarios
- Report on who is ’out of schedule adherence’ in real time and historically.
- Automatically gather data for accurate forecasting from contact center platform
- Real time insight into intraday SLA and schedule adherence
- Enable employees with self- service by allowing them to bid on their shift.
- Ability to see in real time the exact state of all back-office employees and how that relates to their optimized schedule state.
- Ability to provide back-office employees with optimized schedules detailing how their time can and should be best spent in accordance with business goals and customer expectations.