Genesys Messaging (CE34) for PureEngageCloud
What's the challenge?To engage customers on their devices, enable seamless experiences, build brands and reduce service and support costs using mobile messaging channels. Pain points include increased customer frustration due to failure of carrying context across channels and rising costs due to increased calls to agents.
What's the solution?Using Genesys Messaging to support continuous, personalized conversations with integrated agent assistance and persistent history of contact, bringing new levels of scalability, consistency, and responsiveness to messaging interaction strategies
Story and Business Context
In today’s digital world, telephone calls aren't always the best or desired way to communicate with businesses because they are not visual and require a synchronous live interaction. Consumers want a simple, convenient method of communication through the channel of their choice and according to their own schedule. Third-party messaging applications are a popular communication option that consumers have come to expect as a way to interact with companies. In addition to that, social media channels like Facebook Messenger is popular for customers to use to communicate and interact with companies due to their vast availability, influence, and convenience. Customers use social media to share information about products and services, and they frequently follow and review companies with whom they do business.
WhatsApp beta enable two-way conversations between consumers and businesses on familiar mobile devices and provide a feature-rich, flexible, and convenient method of answering questions, solving problems, and making purchases all through a single messaging conversation. The long-lived, asynchronous nature of the conversation means that the consumer and contact center agent can return to the conversation at any time with a full history.<meta charset="utf-8">
This use case enables businesses to handle WhatsApp conversations in their Genesys contact center environment. Businesses must sign up with the Messaging provider, choose Genesys as their customer service platform provider, and get their use cases approved by the Messaging Provider to be part of the ecosystem.
To increase successful self-service interactions, a chatbot can be used over these messaging channels to automate the conversation with the customer, providing the ability to seamlessly transfer to a contact center agent if and when needed. See use case Genesys Chatbots (CE31) for PureEngage (Cloud) for details and limitations of incorporating chatbots with Genesys Messaging offerings. When companies enable WhatsApp as supported customer service channels within their Genesys environment, benefits can include:
- Improved first contact resolution and reduced handle time by matching every consumer with the agent best equipped to respond through skills-based routing
- Improved NPS by carrying context across channels and matching the consumer with an appropriately skilled agent, similar to how all Genesys channels are managed
- Reduced costs by granting agents the ability to manage multiple chat conversations simultaneously and blend messaging conversations with other media types in the same agent desktop
- Continuity in asynchronous conversations, enabling consumers to make contact when convenient throughout the day, week, or buying or service journey
- Workforce management and reporting integrated with the rest of the contact center
- Improved brand perception by offering new channels that are expected to be heavily promoted by WhatsApp
- Convenience for consumers in using familiar messaging app as opposed to having to open a separate chat window
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Match every consumer with the agent best equipped to respond through skills-based routing while reducing handle time|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Carry context across channels and match the consumer with an appropriately skilled agent. Provide continuity in asynchronous conversations by enabling consumers to make contact when convenient throughout the day, week, or buying or service journey. Make it convenient for consumers by using familiar messaging apps as opposed to having to open a separate chat window.|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Reduce costs by granting agents the ability to manage multiple chat conversations simultaneously and blend messaging conversations with other media types in the same agent desktop|
A consumer can initiate a conversation with a business directly in WhatsApp (or) Facebook Messenger. They typically do so by clicking on a link or a call-to-action button to connect to WhatsApp (or) find the Facebook page of the business and send a quick message. These conversations are delivered to a company's contact center through the Genesys Messaging service. The conversation can be automated with a chatbot or human-assisted with a contact center agent. These engagements become persistent and long-lived (asynchronous), but can be handled live (synchronously) when necessary. During the conversation, the bot or agent can present rich messaging elements, such as WhatsApp Notifications to offer feature-rich capabilities that make it convenient for the consumer to resolve their issue, get their question answered, or complete a transaction.
Use Case Definition
Business Flow Description
- If the brand was pre-approved by WhatsApp, they can engage with us to get on-boarded to Genesys. We can help with pre-approvals, but a brand should not assume they are pre-approved, because they expressed interest with us, or purchased Genesys Messaging for WhatsApp from us.
* The company purchases Genesys Messaging for WhatsApp (including Hosting Fees and Incidental sellable item) from Genesys, uses the on-boarding guide to get their channels set up in Genesys Hub, and begins development of the messaging use cases.
* The company can go live with Genesys Messaging for WhatsApp. While in beta, WhatsApp may want to check out the company’s implementation before allowing them to go live.
- No approval is needed for Facebook Messenger.
Business Flow Description
- Company invites the customer to initiate a conversation via messaging e.g via a custom Click to Action button in their app, on their website, or in an email. For Facebook Messenger, the customer finds the brand's page and sends a quick message to initiate the interaction.
- The customer clicks the chat message icon, and sends an initial message to begin the conversation.
- The Genesys system checks to see if it can recognize the customer.
- WhatsApp passes the phone number of the customer to help identify who initiated the conversation. Facebook passes Page Scoped ID that is unique for every customer reaching out to that page.
- For customers who have initiated a conversation previously, the system pulls the conversation history and presents it to the agent.
- The Genesys system determines whether to offer an automated chatbot to the customer or route the customer to a contact center agent.
- If a chatbot is offered, go to the use case Genesys Chatbots (CE31) for PureEngage (Cloud).
- If routed to an agent, the customer and agent begin a conversation.
- Depending on the conversation topic, the agent can send the customer various interaction types in addition to text, emojis and images. Pre-approved (by WhatsApp) notification templates can be sent to the customer (see below).
- Customer and agent interact via messaging service and after conversation is complete, agent dispositions the interaction.
For WhatsApp, the agent can also send pre-approved WhatsApp notification templates. These can be free or paid.
- Using these interaction types can save time for the agent and reduce errors from the customer. Agents can choose these options from the standard response library so they don't have to assemble the pick lists on the fly.
- After the conversation between the agent and the customer, the agent can classify the chat for reporting purposes via the agent desktop.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.