Genesys Email Routing (CE16) for PureEngageCloud
What's the challenge?When customers take the time to send an email, they expect a quick, personalized response. But as the volume of email interactions increases, you struggle to provide timely and helpful responses. Trust in email as a reliable communication channel is declining among your customers and employees.
What's the solution?Automatically distribute emails to the best-fit agent based on content analysis and keywords. Genesys Email Routing streamlines your response process using email automation functionality that enables you to monitor, measure, and optimize your email flow to create a better customer experience.
Story and Business Context
Email is still one of the most reliable and desired ways for customers to interact with companies for support. It is an essential avenue for companies to serve and engage with customers while providing a consistent and positive customer experience. By routing to the best-fit agent, Genesys can improve handle time, first contact resolution, agent utilization and customer satisfaction. To support your company’s goals for the ideal customer experience, Genesys’ email solution systematizes automatic acknowledgement and routes the email to the appropriately skilled agent.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Improved agent and employee occupancy due to better scheduling of agents to match emails (Genesys WFM solution required)|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Increased first contact resolution from routing emails to the right resource through skills-based routing|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Improved NPS by addressing customers' requests in a timely manner|
|Increased Revenue||Increased revenue from revenue-generating opportunities|
|Reduced Handle Time||Reduced handle time from routing emails to the right resource through skills-based routing|
A customer sends an email to a company via email address. The email is captured by the Genesys system and is then queued to the best-skilled and available agent with the skill set corresponding to the email "TO" address. If applicable, the agent composes a proper response, sends back the email answer, and dispositions the interaction accordingly. Reporting and analytics functionality is available to provide visibility into the email channel, and to help improve email handling and customer experience.
Use Case Definition
The following flow describes the use case from the perspective of the main actors, i.e. user and contact center agent.
The following diagrams show the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- A customer sends an email to one of the public addresses (such as firstname.lastname@example.org) monitored by the Genesys email solution.
- Genesys periodically checks corporate inboxes for new emails using POP3 or IMAP.
- The new email is captured by Genesys including “From”, “To”, and “Subject” as metadata.
- Genesys verifies if the corresponding user already exists as a contact within the Genesys Universal Contact History (by email address). If the contact does not exist yet, Genesys creates the contact. The email and any response by the agent are attached to the contact.
- The system sends out a receipt acknowledgement email to the customer with a predefined template.
- The system determines the required skill based on the "To" address.
- Once an agent with the requested skill is available, the email is routed to the agent's workspace application with screen pop showing “From”, “To”, and “Subject” information. Any available contact information from the Genesys Contact History (customer name, for example) and previous contact history is also displayed.
- Once the agent reads the email, he or she needs to decide if a reply is needed.
- If no reply is needed, the agent marks the email as done.
- If a reply is needed, the Agent creates an outbound reply email, potentially using a standard response template.
- The agent can set a disposition code to mark the business outcome for reporting purposes.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.