Genesys Outbound Dialer (CE11) for PureEngageCloud
What's the challenge?Dialing for sales outreach is a hard job that requires specialized skills. Low agent utilization due to sub-par dialers, manual dialing, lack of appropriate blending of inbound/outbound result in fewer sales conversions.
What's the solution?Deliver coordinated outreach and create optimal engagements based on agent availability while reducing costs. Improve the ROI of outbound sales campaigns by efficiently acquiring, up-selling, and winning back customers through automated and assisted calling campaigns by using a powerful dialer for voice calls and IVR for voice messaging.
Story and Business Context
A company needs to make outbound calls to initiate contact with its customers based on specific business rules for sales, marketing, care, or collections. This use case describes the ability to configure and execute outbound dialing campaigns – both automated and agent-assisted – based on customer-provided contact list(s).
Generating new business and upselling existing customers is a critical part of any business. Sales and marketing organizations are challenged with improving the efficiency of their team members; increasing reach, contact rates, response rates, and revenue; and complying with industry regulations.
- Predictive dialing is used when appropriate to improve agent efficiency and satisfaction by removing low value calls and wasted time.
- Productive and highly utilized agents will have more opportunities to serve customers, close business and meet their sales quotas.
Happier Legal Team
- Compliance and business rules are accurately maintained to ensure enterprise-wide contact strategy adherence.
Improved Effectiveness / Higher Return on Investment
- Improved Return on Investment of outbound sales and marketing campaigns (e.g. telemarketing; upsell/cross-sell; customer win-back; loyalty/promotions) and outbound campaigns.
- Leads are routed to sales agents within seconds (not minutes, hours or days) since "speed to lead" follow up is crucial in many sales environments, which will drive lead contact rates and conversion rates while decreasing call abandonment rates.
- Sales departments are using predictive, progressive, and/or preview dialing modes instead of making manual dials and outbound call volume is efficiently paced, which results in more sales conversations and increases agent productivity.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Improved agent/employee occupancy by leveraging them for outbound campaigns. Increasing the number of right parties connected through predictive dialing, optimizing the number of agent-handled calls.|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Improved customer experience by proactively contacting customers and prospects with targeted or personalized offers and special promotions|
|Increased Revenue||Increased revenue by improving performance of outbound campaigns|
|Reduced IT Operational Costs||Reducing IT dependency and empowering Business User management of campaigns|
|Reduced Volume of Interactions||Reduced volume of interactions by proactively sending communications through outbound channels|
The Genesys system supports both agent-assisted and automated outbound calling campaigns using dialer and outbound IVR channels. Dialer calls can be made in predictive, progressive, preview (Push/Pull), Outbound IVR modes (Power/Fixed, Predictive, Progressive), or manual mode. The company can use its marketing, CRM, or collections system to generate contact lists based on a one-time event, recurring events, or trigger-based events. The lists include the appropriate contact details, such as contact name, contact phone number, and contact reason. Delivery results are recorded in the system to feed into reports.
Sales and lead development reps are manually dialing customers and prospects for sales and marketing purposes, which is expensive and wastes time. Companies are managing communication in silos and don't have an integrated, outbound dialing campaign. All companies must follow industry regulations and manage for compliance risk.
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the main flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description 1. The administrator or Genesys PS configures a campaign template, dialing profile, session profile, and settings in the Genesys system.
2. The organization prepares a contact list from a third-party system (such as a CRM), then uploads the list using batch upload, the user interface, or FTP list automation capabilities.
3. The Campaign Group begins contacting consumers based on the campaign template, dialing profile, and session profile from step 1, filtering out those contacts that meet the settings criteria defined in the dialing profile.
4a. For Dialer, see the Dialer flow below.
4b. For Outbound IVR, see the Outbound IVR flow below.
5. Call results are written back to the Genesys system and utilized to determine next actions.
6. Depending on the call result, additional contact attempts may be undertaken. If additional contact is required, the contact treatment configured in step 1 will continue at step 3. If no additional contact is required, the contact treatment ends and all records are updated in the system.
The following diagram shows the Outbound IVR subflow:
Business Flow Description For Outbound IVR, there are multiple resulting scenarios:
- Bad Number or No Answer - the call disconnects and the result is written back to the system.
- Answering Machine - the call either disconnects or plays a message (based on the chosen configuration in step 1) and the result is written back to the system.
- Live Party connect - the call plays the Outbound IVR message.
- The consumer has the option to opt out of future calls. This is typically done by including “Press 9 to opt out of future calls”.
- Optionally, the Customer Admin may offer the option to connect to a live agent (based on the chosen configuration). This is typically done by including “Press 2 to connect to a live agent”. This can be achieved by routing to a phone number provided by the company.
- The result is written back to the system.
The following diagram shows the Dialer subflow:
Business Flow Description
- For Dialer, the dialing mode will be configured as Preview, Progressive, or Predictive.
- In Preview mode, the agent receives or retrieves a record and will initiate the call.
- In Progressive mode, the system will automatically place the call based on an agent being available for the specific campaign.
- In Predictive mode, the system will automatically place the call based on the pacing algorithm and expected agent availability.
- For each call attempt, there are multiple resulting scenarios:
- Bad Number or No Answer:
- In Preview mode, the agent will hang up and the result is written back to the system.
- In Progressive and Predictive modes, the call disconnects and the result is written back to the system.
- Answering Machine:
- In Preview mode, the agent will have the option to leave a message. Based on the disposition code, the call may be re-tried later. The result is written back to the system.
- In Progressive and Predictive modes, the call will either disconnect or play a message (based on the chosen configuration in step 1) and the result is written back to the system.
- Live Party connect - the agent will be connected to the consumer.
- The consumer has the option to opt out. In cloud, the agent will record this in the agent desktop and it will be written to a suppression list or DNC list in the premise.
- The consumer has the option to ask for a callback. The agent will record this in the agent desktop and the callback will be scheduled.
- At the end of the call, the agent will record a disposition code and the result is written back to the system.
- Bad Number or No Answer:
The following diagram shows the subflow when preview mode is used:
Business Flow Description Based on the result of the call, additional contact attempts may be undertaken, either:
- in the same channel, or
- in another channel (Cloud only)
This is configured in the campaign settings in step 1.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.