Genesys Skype for Business (CE04) for PureCloud
What's the challenge?Engaging with customers who want to use new voice channels like Microsoft Skype for Business can be difficult without introducing new teams and a separate technology silos.
What's the solution?Integrating Skype for Business into your main contact center routing environment and routing calls into your usual sales and customer service teams stops the silos.
Story and Business Context
Every business wants to streamline the toolset for experts to connect with customers and resolve problems as efficiently as possible. Frequently contact center agents use different technologies to communicate with customers than the technologies used by the rest of the enterprise. However contact center agents need an easy way to reach the experts that use a different technology solution to resolve customer issues. While the most important success factor for customer service is employing competent people to assist customers, execution can be difficult. The experts do not always answer the phone or may not be on the same technology platform. This use case enables contact center agents to bridge UCC and customer interaction solutions to communicate with an available expert and quick resolve customer issues.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Improvement employee engagement throughout the organization by providing more direct involvement with customers.|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||involving experts across the company in customer conversations through Skype for Business.|
|Increased Revenue||Increased revenue by involving experts in revenue generating opportunities through unified messaging within the company|
|Reduced Handle Time||Quickly connecting agents and experts through Skype for Business.|
|Reduced IT Operational Costs||maintaining Skype for Business, and leveraging a tight out-of-the-box integration between it and your cloud contact center platform.|
In a traditional contact center, agents may need to use multiple technologies to handle customer issues and communicate with internal experts. This process can create inefficiencies that frustrate both agents and customers. With the PureCloud Skype for Business application, agents use PureCloud to find expert resources across the enterprise and outside the traditional contact center to resolve customer issues. The PureCloud Skype for Business app allows the PureCloud customer to use the appropriate experts in both customer service and sales interactions. Using the PureCloud Skype for Business app, users can:
- Search for Skype for Business contacts within the PureCloud interface.
- See the Skype for Business presence of Skype for Business contacts.
- Initiate and receive 1:1 chats with Skype for Business contacts within the PureCloud interface.
Use Case Definition
The business flow covers the interactions of the primary actors in this use case:
- The customer
- The agents or advisers
- The issue expert or knowledge worker
- The Genesys PureCloud system for routing and Universal Communication (UC) integration (presence, instant messaging, and voice)
- The 3rd party Universal Communication (UC) system (Skype for Business)
Business Flow Description
- Customer engages in a call with an agent. The agent uses the PureCloud client to interact with the caller. The call routes to the agent using an inbound voice use case or a custom use case.
- Precondition: The call already has attached data and is available to reporting.
- The agent cannot resolve the issue and requires additional support. The customer has a specific question that requires an immediate answer in order to resolve the customer case. #Using the Skype for Business app, the agent identifies, by name, an issue expert that can resolve the problem.
- The agent starts an instant message (IM) with the issue expert. The agent opens the IM chat inside the PureCloud Skype for Business App in PureCloud.
- If the first Issue expert does not answer or rejects the IM invitation:
- Through IM, the agent receives notification of the failure.
- A second issue expert is identified by name.
- An issue expert accepts and starts IM with the agent. The issue expert successfully interacts with the agent through IM. The issue expert reviews the attached data, which the agent shares over Skype IM. The attached data may include web links to other business applications; for example, case management.
- Through IM, the issue expert communicates a solution to the agent.
- The agent terminates the call with a disposition code. The agent can attach a note with follow-up information; for example, that the issue expert instant messaged during the call.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.