Genesys Performance Management (EE14) for GenesysEngage-onpremises
What's the challenge?Identifying top performing employees and business units is a challenge when this data is spread across multiple back-end systems. Not having consolidated performance data makes it difficult to reward success and target individual training to fill knowledge gaps.
What's the solution?Create a single source of truth for understanding employee performance. By consolidating data from disparate systems, you can more easily identify performance benchmarks. This centralized view across the enterprise helps identify top performers and highlights critical KPIs to target specific individual and group training.
Story and Business Context
As a base functionality, Performance DNA enables organizations to answer the following questions:
- Who are my top performing employees?
- What are my program-level and employee-level performance gaps?
- Where should I focus my time and resource investments to achieve performance improvements?
Organizations measure employee performance using a variety of key performance indicators. However, organizations may struggle, or fail, to consolidate performance data from different systems in a single place. This lack of consolidation impairs organizations from engaging and developing their employees in the most efficient and effective manner, thus increasing their operating cost, risk of non-compliance, and adverse impact on customer experience.
Performance DNA provides senior executives, managers and supervisors with a holistic view of performance, enabling them to direct their focus and efforts to areas that need it the most. Insights from Performance DNA will help coaches and trainers better engage employees to maximise their capability and provide better customer experience. The solution further supports data-driven decision making and improvements to Governance, Resource Planning, HR and Continuous Improvement functions.Performance DNA provides:
- Consolidated performance data – A centralized view of individual employee performance across the enterprise with the ability to roll data up to a department, business unit, or site view.
- Improvement management decision-making and governance – Consolidated performance data and analytics enables management and stakeholders to make educated decisions around employee engagement and development initiatives. It also improves governance functions by providing visibility on performance variations across outsourcers, departments, business units, teams, or individuals.
- Improved Performance Management – Create performance blueprints, or what we refer to as DNA mapping, based on multiple key performance indicators. Mapping enables businesses to identify performance issues at the program and agent levels. These insights improve management decision-making around employee engagement and development activities.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Agent Competency||Provides a holistic view of individual performance, skills and capabilities as a basis for improving performance.|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Aligns individual performance development plans to overall organization goals based on high performers, improving customer experience.|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Centralizes and automates elements of the performance management process, reducing administrative overhead, effort and costs.|
Recommended for new and existing customers, Performance DNA is an enterprise-wide solution for use across contact centers, back office, HR, retail, BPO, and others.
Performance DNA imports and consolidates employee performance data from multiple sources and uses that data to build DNA Strands for each job role.
Performance data can be imported from Genesys Insights (Infomart), data warehouse, and data extracts from other third-party systems (such as Oracle, Salesforce, and Cisco). By setting import service to run as a scheduled task, performance data can be updated automatically.
DNA Strands are composed of any single performance data (Component) or any combination of performance data that are grouped together (Block). Components and Blocks can be weighted to reflect the relative importance of the performance measures to the business, then allowing DNA Strands to calculate and present a single overall measure of performance.
DNA Strands provide key insights into overall employee performance and the variance between Top, Mid, and Low performers. This information is presented from a high-level organizational view down to individual employees, enabling fast and accurate comparison against the equivalent high-performing benchmarks.
Use Case Definition
The following diagram shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- Performance DNA has been provisioned and configuration has been completed in the cloud.
- Complete the branding of application in line with the customer’s brand, including fonts, colors, and logos.
- Locate Employee Data information from HR file extract and/or WFM (refer to HR data requirements listed under the Customer header in the Assumptions section).
- Configure Org Data to import Employee Data automatically on a daily basis. For configuration details see the Performance DNA admin guide.
- Collate KPI Data from Genesys solutions and/or third-party systems (refer to performance data requirements listed under the Customer header in the Assumptions section).
- Build a high-performer DNA blueprint using KPI data, to identify the high and low performers:
- Build DNA blueprint in line with business objectives.
- Use high performers' KPI and Knowledge results to set thresholds and targets.
- Map employees to DNA blueprints based on job roles.
- Compare other employees against top performers to the relevant blueprint for their role.
- Measure Employee Performance
- Identify gaps in individual performance.
- Collate and review KPI data for ongoing development and improvement.
- Optionally, send DNA blueprint/strand data for employees to Predictive Routing to aid in determining correlating factors/predictors of optimal outcomes
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.