Genesys Lead Engagement (SL05) for GenesysEngage-cloud
What's the challenge?You need your team to get more conversions in less time. But when leads don’t get to the right rep in real time, or have assigned value, priority or customer context, it’s hard for that rep to successfully convert. And missed conversions mean missed revenue opportunities.
What's the solution?Create a single, global task list that automatically organizes, prioritizes and routes captured leads (with context) to the best qualified rep anywhere in your company. Eliminate “cherry-picking” and misrouting, so reps can process leads faster and more efficiently, for better resource planning and conversion rates.
Story and Business Context
This functional use case has been created to enable Genesys customers to leverage the back office automation capabilities to manage their high value leads coming through their web or e-commerce sites or other external databases or lead sources. By using intelligent Workload Distribution to capture, classify, prioritize and deliver the leads to appropriately skilled and available resources, companies can improve their lead conversion rates and throughput.
The ability to define business logic drives the proper prioritization and distribution of leads between the available resources and will, therefore, disable the “cherry-picking” of leads and balance out the interactions between the available resources fairly and equally. Leads can be prioritized (and continuously re-prioritized) based on multiple business parameters as lead capture date, expected lead value, customer segment, change to convert, etc.
The history of the lead and the additional context information around the leads can be pushed together as one work-item and allows the sales enabled resources to understand what has happened in the past and assess the current status of the lead. Having more relevant and recent information available around the leads increases the chance for conversion by delivering more insights into the sales resources to figure out the best approach on how to handle the leads in different circumstances.
The following diagram shows how intelligent Workload Distribution (iWD) can improve Lead Management through the use of dynamic prioritization and delivery:
The above diagram shows how leads arriveing in a sales and marketing organization; the leads are treated on a First In First Out (FIFO) basis, whereby the available resources address the next lead in the queue. With intelligent Workload Distribution, prioritization rules are applied to "sort" the leads by value, to ensure that the fixed available resources always deal with the highest value and important leads. Leads are re-prioritized over time to ensure that the time parameter is also taken into consideration in the prioritization of the leads.
Genesys intelligent Workload Distribution provides high-value lead management through the following capabilities:
- Genesys intelligent Workload Distribution is responsible for the capture, classification, prioritization of leads. The powerful Genesys intelligent Workload Distribution Manager (iWD Manager) defines and sorts the leads according to the business imperatives laid down by the business and enabled through the cloud with minimal IT support. This lead sorting is continually applied to stay aligned with your Business Imperatives. This means business users manage the outcomes of the processing logic, changing or implementing business rules, through a simple business-friendly web-based interface.
- In addition to the capture and prioritizing of leads, Genesys intelligent Workload Distribution is also responsible for delivering the leads to the correct resource at the right time in order to convert the lead. This solution leverages the Genesys core routing engine for leads, work items in the back or front office, Genesys channels and identifying the available resources with the required skill/proficiency set and matching the hottest lead with the resource.
Benefits of iWD Lead Management
- Visibility into how leads are processed by employees
- “Managing” items for telesales, lead development representatives and marketing rather than relying on people to cherry-pick the leads to progress
- Rigorously applying skills-based routing to match segmented leads with the best-skilled employee
- Prioritizing and re-prioritizing leads based on various business values at that moment in time
- Dynamically matching the demand of leads with the supply of skilled resources throughout the day
- Providing visibility through real-time and historical metrics
- Providing the necessary data for workforce management and optimization
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Prioritizing and presenting leads to sales reps reduces idle time, increases throughput and improves their utilization.|
|Improved Employee Satisfaction||Automatic prioritization and distribution of leads prevents "cherry picking" and ensures fairer distribution of leads among team members.|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Automation of lead follow-up ensures faster responses to prospects, improving their experience.|
|Increased Revenue||Value-based prioritization speeds up response times for important leads, increasing conversion rates and revenue.|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Automatic lead distribution reduces time spent by supervisors and administration staff in monitoring, distributing and reporting on leads.|
|Reduced Handle Time||Easy access to lead context speeds up familiarisation and handle time for sales reps.|
A lead is shopping on the online shop and abandons their shopping cart. These interactions are captured by the website and delivered to the intelligent Workload Distribution solution as a "hot lead". The lead is captured from the website, and then placed into the universal queue with a priority schema defined by the size of the shopping cart, the value of the product/ service and/or by any other data points known about the lead (mobile customer segment, etc.), the distribution of the lead to lead development representatives is optionally blended with other work such as chat or voice leads. The lead is then continuously reprioritized based on business rules, which define the service level. All voice / non-voice interactions are distributed to the best-skilled lead development representative respecting their service level agreements.
Use Case Definition
Lead Capture (out of scope for the use case)
The logic, which triggers the creation of a lead within Genesys, depends on the website and is out of the scope of this use case. When a lead is detected logic on the company website or lead capture system will create a new lead within Genesys. A typical scenario is an abandoned shopping cart event as is shown in the following diagram:
Business Flow Description Lead Capture (out of scope for the use case)
- A lead browses the website or customer portal of the company.
- He is identified using a lead management system or himself by using his customer account or by providing further information on the website.
- He places one or multiple items in his shopping cart. If he proceeds to check-out, no further action occurs.
- If he does not proceed with his buying process or closes the browser, a lead is generated. All relevant data is collected by the website and the lead is created in Genesys for distribution to a lead development representative.
Business Flow - Distribution
The following diagram shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description Business Flow - Distribution
- A new lead is created in the system with all attached data necessary to process the lead (see chapter “Attributes”).
- The website creates a new task in Genesys via the Genesys capture adapter.
- The interaction is classified and prioritized according to specific lead rules and the business value of the lead.
- The rules are applied according to the lead attributes.
- If the lead comes from a non-authenticated customer (with only contact details available), then the value of the basket (or potential sales item) or product category are used to calculate the priority and/or business value.
- If the lead is a known customer, then additional customer attributes could be used for the prioritization process.
- The leads are constantly reprioritized if the lead is not distributed to a lead development representative.
- The lead is queued with all other interactions in the system. The priority of the lead defines the position of the lead in the universal queue. Once a lead development representative with the right skill and proficicency level becomes available to handle the lead, the lead is distributed to the lead development representative. If it is not assigned within a specified period of time, it continues to be re-prioritized.
- If the lead is assigned to a lead development representative, the lead development representative will open the lead in the Workspace Desktop to manage and/or complete the sale. The lead development representative desktop will display reference data about the lead (see section “Data presentation to a lead development representative”) and the associated contact details.
- The lead development representative will handle the lead and attempt to call the lead using the provided contact data.
Business Flow - Lead Handling
Business Flow Description Business Flow - Lead Handling
- The lead development representative makes an outbound call to the customer lead to convert the sale. There could be various results from this call attempt
- Lead is reached:
- The lead development representative reaches the lead and attempts to convert the sale.
- After the call he records the result for reporting purposes (converted, not converted).
- He finishes his work on the sale via the desktop (“mark done”) and the lead progressing to on-boarding as a customer.
- If the call attempt fails, The advisor records the outcome and either parks the lead in their workbin or returns the lead to the queue.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.