Genesys SMS Routing (CE29) for GenesysEngage-cloud
What's the challenge?Your customer wants to contact you in the same way they would friends and family — instantly, conveniently, and personally, with freedom to keep moving. If they encounter constraints, excessive hold times, inconsistent responses or multiple calls, that can damage customer satisfaction and put a strain on your agents.
What's the solution?Connect a customer to the right resource anywhere in your business by routing customer text messages to your best-fit agents. Genesys SMS Routing uses skill-based routing so messaging your company for support is faster and more efficient than calling and enables conversations from anywhere.
Story and Business Context
In the world of Customer Experience, the number of messages being sent to and from customers is exploding at a rate of many billions each year. SMS is becoming such an important communication channel for so many companies.
SMS is one of the fastest ways for enterprises to engage with customers, because they don't need to log into a chat session, check their email or enable push notifications on their mobile devices.
SMS channel gives enterprises an opportunity to automate and personalise customer conversations in precise moments like time-critical and high-priority situations. It helps enterprises to provide right experience, right engagement at right time which likely to be the most significant differentiator for companies serving millions of customers.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved First Contact Resolution||Consumers can request for support even during non-business hours. Interaction will be parked and routed back to agent during business hours.|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||SMS helps in delivering a truly effortless experience for Consumers to get their issues resolved. Session Mode allows long-lived conversations which adds great convenience and reduces consumer effort can increase Consumer satisfaction and customer loyalty.|
|Reduced Handle Time||In single view, agent will be able to see the entire SMS session history before picking the SMS and can be well aware about the context of the support request. This can save great time for agents which can have direct impact on saving Agent Handle Time. This can increase the Agent productivity tremendously.|
|Reduced Interaction Transfers||Reduce interaction transfers through skills-based routing.|
|Reduced IT Operational Costs||In SMS Session Mode, the interaction is not real time. This provides great opportunity to defer SMS responses to less busy times - decreasing peak staffing requirements.|
Consumer sends an SMS message to an enterprise. The Genesys system receives the SMS message and routes to the best available agent depending on the Agent Skill. By default, the SMS works in Session mode where the interactions are long-lived. During non-business hours the SMS interaction is placed in parking queue and pulled back and placed in regular queue during business hours.
Use Case Definition
Business Flow Description
- A Consumer sends an SMS to a enterprise long code / short code / toll-free number.
- Genesys Engage receives the SMS message, including the customer’s phone number as metadata.
- Genesys System check whether Customer Contact exists with us. If Customer contact does not exists then new contact is created and move to next step
- Genesys System checks whether Consumer has any previous SMS Session which are active
- If Consumer has previous SMS Session active then we restart the prior SMS Session which is active
- If Consumer does not have any previous SMS Session active then it continues to next step
- In the scenario where SMS Session exists and it is been restarted. Check whether any interaction exists under the SMS Session
- If there is no interaction exists then create new interaction and associate with current SMS Session
- If interaction exists then continue associating with the same interaction
- In the scenario of new SMS Session then create new interaction and associate the interaction with new SMS Session.
- Genesys system will check whether Office Hours definition exists
- If Office Hours definition does not exist then continue with Step 8
- If Office Hours definition exist, then check whether office is open. If Office is open then continue with Step 8. If Office is not open then follow the below steps.
- (i) Genesys System will send the message “Our Apologies, we are closed at this time. Please leave your message our Agents will get back during Office Open Hours”
- (ii) Interaction will be placed in parking queue with the time frame defined to pull the interaction form the parking queue
- (iii) Pull the interaction from the parking queue during the time frame defined (when the office hour opens)
- (iv) Re-route the interaction back to regular queue
- Genesys sends an acknowledgement SMS to the consumer
- Genesys System tries to find an agent with the right skill.
- After finding the agent with the right skill set, when the agent becomes available the interaction will be routed to the agent
- Agent checks whether interaction needs reply
- If interaction does not need reply then agent marks the SMS interaction as done and ends the interaction
- If interaction needs reply then agent replies to interaction and marks the SMS interaction as done
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.