Genesys Callback (CE03) for GenesysEngage-cloud
What's the challenge?When callers wait in long queues, customer frustration with your brand goes up right along with your abandonment rate. However, always keeping staff at peak performance level is costly and inefficient. You need a way to distribute calls during peak times to meet your service levels and keep callers happy.
What's the solution?An alternative to waiting on hold can make the difference in a customer’s experience. After a threshold of time, give callers the wait time and the option of receiving a callback. Now you can deliver higher customer satisfaction without maintaining a peak-level staff.
Story and Business Context
Customers get frustrated with long hold times when waiting to speak to an agent. This functional use case enables companies to improve the customer experience by empowering their customers to choose a callback when wait times are long. When an agent with the right capabilities is not available and the expected wait time is above a specific threshold, the customer will be presented with three options:
- Continue to wait in queue
- Request a callback as soon as an agent becomes available, keeping their position in queue
- Schedule a callback for a more convenient time
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Improved agent and employee utilization due to better scheduling of agents to match calls (Genesys WFM solution required)|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Improved customer satisfaction by taking wait time into account in messaging and offer of callback|
|Reduced Handle Time||Reduction of handle time due to reduction of customer frustration and "venting time"|
|Reduced Interaction Abandonment||Reduction in abandonment rates due to immediate response to set caller expectations with callback|
|Reduced Volume of Interactions||Decrease in inbound call volume due to reduced incoming follow-up and repeat call|
When a customer is waiting to speak to an agent and the estimated wait time to reach an appropriate agent is above a specified threshold - and is not within the blackout period (optional/configurable) - the customer will be presented with the option to receive a callback. The callback can either be as soon as possible (immediate) or scheduled at a future time. The wait time thresholds can be specified by the business and quickly adjusted if required.
Use Case Definition
The following diagrams shows the business flow of the use case:The following flow describes the use case from the perspective of the main actors, i.e. customer. The following diagrams shows the business flow of the use case:
Business Flow Description
- A customer calls a service line of the company.
- The customer requests to speak with an agent.
- The system verifies the expected wait time for the particular request. If the wait time is below the specified thresholds or within the optional blackout period, the caller is immediately transferred to the corresponding queue to wait for an agent with the requested skill. Please note that the logic to route calls to agents is not within the scope of this use case. This use case will rely on existing inbound voice functionality.
- When the Estimated Wait Time threshold is reached outside the optional blackout period, a wait time announcement can be played to the caller.
- After the announcements, the options for callback will be announced to the customer.
- If the customer chooses either an Immediate or Scheduled Callback, they will be asked if the ANI on which they called in is the callback number. If the customer confirms, move to next step. If the customer does not confirm, they enter the new callback number and are asked to confirm it. If the customer chooses an Immediate Callback, they are placed in the router's queue (Go To "Callback" section next). If the customer chooses a Scheduled Callback, they are asked for when they want the callback. (Go To "Register Scheduled Callback" section next).
- If the customer does not accept the callback, the call is transferred to the corresponding waiting queue.
- Optionally, you can offer a description of a callback, which is a recorded message.
Register Scheduled Callback
Business Flow Description
- From a selection of configured days and times, the customer chooses the day, then the time, for their callback.
- If the time slot is available, the system will confirm it. If the time slot is not available, the system will offer the next available time.
- The customer can accept the offered time slot. If the customer does not accept the next available time slot, they are asked to enter a day and time again. This loop will occur 5 times (5 is the default, and this is a configurable option).
- Once the customer accepts the time slot, Genesys registers the callback request and ends the call.
Business Flow Description
- The callback will either be scheduled for later or immediate
- For a Scheduled Callback, at the requested time of the callback, the call is queued to be distributed to an agent with the right skill.
- For an Immediate Callback, when the caller's turn in queue is reached, they are put in position number one.
- Based on predicted agent availability for the callback, a call is initiated to the customer phone. Call progress detection is used to detect if a human has accepted the call.
- Up to three call attempts to reach the customer is performed. If the customer does not accept the request after the third attempt, then the callback is cancelled.
- If the customer accepts the call, an announcement is played to inform the customer that this is the callback he requested. A sample announcement text could be: “This is your requested callback from company XYZ. Please press 1 to confirm that you requested this callback and you will be connected to an agent."
Other configurable options include:
- Confirm that the right party has been reached and offer the ability to speak to an agent
- Request more time to get the right party on the line
- Reschedule the callback
- Cancel the callback
- Depending on the configuration options that are offered, the customer can confirm the callback by pressing “1”. If he does not confirm the call is ended. No further callback attempt will be done.
- If the customer confirms the callback, he will be connected to the agent
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.