Genesys Work Distribution (BO02) for GenesysEngage-cloud
What's the challenge?Customer promises are broken as work falls through the cracks. Employee morale suffers with unfair workloads. The business faces low utilization, failed SLAs, transfers, churn, lower sales and poor visibility into performance. You need a better way of distributing & managing work stored in disparate enterprise systems.
What's the solution?Automate the distribution of work from many sources to make staff more productive and enhance the employee and customer experience. Genesys Work Distribution pulls work from multiple systems and creates a single work list for prioritization and equitable assignment of work to available skilled resources.
Story and Business Context
The system is designed to capture, classify, prioritize and effectively distribute work items across multiple departments to the best-suited employee, based on business segmentation and resource skills and availability. This is achieved when the system is integrated with one or more work item source systems (such as Ticketing/Dynamic Case Management (DCM)/Customer Relationship Management (CRM)/Business Process Management (BPM)/Workflow systems/Home grown systems/Web Forms/Marketing Automation Systems/etc.) where work is created and needs to be handled by resources. Increasingly the resources available within your business are a mix of human and bot(s).
The Genesys system classifies and segments the incoming work, determines each individual work item's business value and priority within the universal queue, blending work from Genesys channels with work from disparate systems. All work is consistently classified and segmented according to business rules and service-level agreements, to ensure the timely completion of all work.
The Genesys system understands the real-time status, readiness, proficiency and skills of all resources that handle work items and Genesys channels, and uses a mapping configuration to identify how the distribution should be handled in the most effective way.
Once the organization has a list of work items which need to be handled by resources, the work items are captured by Genesys and automatically distributed to resources based on their skills, capacity, and real-time presence. Prioritization and segmentation are captured from the source system for the distribution to the best-fit resource. The system provides functionality for near-real-time monitoring and historical reports on operational performance. The system enables blending of work items with other Genesys channels such as email, chat, voice, and workforce planning/optimization/engagement.
Use Case Benefits
|Use Case Benefits||Explanation|
|Improved Employee Attrition Rate||Offer fair distribution of workload across the available resources|
|Improved Employee Occupancy||Remove cherry picking by pushing work items to the right employees|
|Improved Net Promoter Score||Deliver all committed work items on time to customers|
|Reduced Administration Costs||Intelligently automate work item distribution, reduce manual distribution and monitoring of tasks by supervisors, improve scheduling and reporting. Add visibility into employee and group performance|
|Reduced Handle Time||Increase throughput, utilization and efficiency in agents' work by delivering work items to the agents' universal desktops in push mode via screen pop together with interaction context and history in blending mode|
Customer journey touch-points often represent different business processes and, even though touch-points are increasingly automated, some still need manual/human intervention. Work items that correspond to these journey touch-points are created in CRM/BPM/Workflow systems (source systems). A typical problem arises when inefficient distribution of these work items results in them becoming stuck in disjointed queues or workbins across different business units, geographical regions, systems or resource groups.
Genesys captures work items created in all source systems, then places them into the universal queue and reprioritizes them based on business needs. Genesys intelligent Workload Distribution (iWD) system then distributes work items to the best-skilled resource just in time before they become due, based upon their business value, SLAs and priorities. The reporting capabilities of the Genesys system provide visibility into operational performance and backlog, helping to drive continuous improvement. Business policies are managed via Genesys iWD Manager and Genesys Designer, so enabling business agility with less reliance on IT. Through blending with other media types and channels, iWD removes organizational silos across marketing, sales and service by enabling front-office to back-office unification and collaboration.
Use Case Definition
The diagrams in the following chapters show the business flow of this use case.
Part 1 - Capture and Distribution
Business Flow Description
- The source system (the BPM/CRM/business system storing and processing the work items associated with a business processes) requires an employee to handle a work item. A corresponding work item is created in Genesys intelligent Workload Distribution via the Genesys Cloud RESTful Capture Adapter.
- Genesys captures the new work item and creates a new interaction in the system.
- The interaction is prioritized according to specific rules and the nature of the work. The work items are continually reprioritized if the work item is not distributed to an employee.
- The work item is queued with all other interactions in the Genesys system. The priority of the work item defines the position of the work item in the global queue. Once an employee with the right skill profile becomes available to handle the work item, the work item is distributed to the employee. If it cannot be assigned within a specified period of time, it continues to be reprioritized.
- The work item is opened on the employee desktop.
- The Genesys employee desktop opens the corresponding work item within the source system.
- The employee handles the work item in the source system.
Part 2 - Work Item Handling
Business Flow Description
- The employee handles the work item in the source system. After finishing their work, they decide on the next step.
- The employee may be able to complete the work item so that no further action is required.
- They complete the work item in the source system.
- The source system updates Genesys that the work item is completed and Genesys can archive the work item.
- Alternatively, if the source system does not update Genesys, the employee finishes the work within the Genesys employee desktop (using the "mark done" button).
- The employee may choose not to finish their work immediately if, for example, they are waiting for a call back from the customer or a colleague. In this work item, the employee can park the work in their personal workbin.
- The employee may need to reschedule the work item if, for example, the customer is only available on the next day. They reschedule the work item via the source system.
- The employee may not be able to handle the work item because it is wrongly classified. They reclassify the work item via the source system.
- The employee might not take any action in the source system:
- The employee may accidentally finish the work item in the employee desktop without any update in the source system ("mark done"). To prevent this the mark done button can be disabled in Genesys desktop.
- Genesys does not receive an update of the work item via the Cloud REST Capture Adapter. In this scenario the source system needs to check for these tasks and update/restart the tasks in Genesys.
For more details
For additional details, contact your Genesys Sales Representative by filing out the form or for immediate assistance call us: 1-888-Genesys.