Profile lookup with Adobe Experience Platform
- 1 Overview
- 2 Configuration overview
- 3 Prepare the Adobe Experience Platform
- 4 Prepare an Adobe data actions integration
- 5 Prepare Genesys Cloud data actions
- 6 Prepare external contact custom fields
- 7 Prepare the Architect flow
- 8 Adobe Experience Platform to Genesys Cloud scenarios
- 9 Banking scenario example
Learn how to look up a customer's profile in Adobe Experience Platform so that you can display richer contextual data to agents.
- Configure the following permissions in Genesys Cloud:
- Architect > Flow > All
- Architect > UI > All
- Externalcontacts > Contact > All
- Integrations > Integration > All
- Integrations > Action > All
Prepare the Adobe Experience Platform
For more information about configuring Adobe Experience Platform, see https://console.adobe.io/home.
To prepare Adobe Experience Platform for integration with Genesys Cloud:
- Create the schemas that define what data to store on the customer profile.
- Create a user account to interact with the Adobe API.
Prepare an Adobe data actions integration
For more information, see About Adobe data actions integration.
To prepare a Genesys Cloud integration for use with Adobe Experience Platform:
- In the App Foundry, get the Adobe data actions integration.
- Install the Adobe data actions integration.
- Configure the integration with the settings from your Adobe project.
- Publish the integration.
Prepare Genesys Cloud data actions
For more information about configuring data actions, see About custom actions for integrations.
To prepare data actions for use with the integration to Adobe Experience Platform:
- Create the necessary data actions. Depending on your business goals, it could include data actions to read and update profile information.
- Associate the data actions with your integration.
- Configure the data actions to create and update Adobe profile information based on the external contacts custom fields. The specific configuration options for the data action are specific to the data action itself.
- Save and publish your data actions.
Prepare external contact custom fields
For more information about preparing external contact custom fields, see:
To prepare the custom fields for use with the integration to Adobe Experience Platform:
- Configure the custom data types on the external contact to include the fields to store on the external contacts in Adobe.
Prepare the Architect flow
To prepare an Architect workflow for use with the integration to Adobe Experience Platform:
- Create an Inbound chat flow.
- Identify the data schema to send to Genesys cloud.
- Configure the Architect flow to point to the correct data actions.
- Update the Architect flow to refer to the external contact data actions.
- Save and publish the workflow.
- Prepare the queue and widget to work with this flow.
Adobe Experience Platform to Genesys Cloud scenarios
Banking scenario example
You can use the following templates for your own particular domain but you have to modify them to match your schema.
|AdobeBankingProfileLookup.i3InboundChatFlow||Architect flow||Retrieves a profile from Adobe based on email address, and updates or creates an external contact based on the Adobe profile information.|
|Adobe-LookupBankingLeadByEmail.json||Data action||Retrieves the Adobe profile and other customer domain-specific fields from Adobe based on email address. Add the data actions to an Adobe data actions integration type.|
|External-Contact---create-contact-with-banking-fields.custom.json||Data action||Creates an external contact in Genesys Cloud based on the attributes passed to it. Add the data actions to a Genesys Cloud data actions integration type.|
|External-Contact---update-contact-with-banking-fields.custom.json||Data action||Updates an external contact in Genesys Cloud based on the attributes passed to it. Add the data actions to a Genesys Cloud data actions integration type.|
|External-Contacts-Contact-lookup-v2.custom.json||Data action||Searches Genesys Cloud for an external contact with the specified email address. Add the data actions to a Genesys Cloud data actions integration type.|
The intent of providing the following files is so that you can compare what you have to the example and determine whether there is a similar field in the example.
- externalContact-BankingCustomer.json: Definition of the external contact in the Genesys system, tailored to match the banking domain in this example. It contains custom fields which the create and update contact data actions refer to. If there is a mismatch, the data actions won't function as intended.
- adobe-bancodineroschema.json: Definition of the shape of the data in the Adobe system. It shows the definition of the banking specific fields.