An utterance is what the user communicates to describe their intent.
What are utterances?
Utterances are phrases that a user would use to describe what they want to do. The bot tries to understand and identify the user’s intent from these utterances.
A user might say: I need a room for tomorrow. or I want to book a room for tomorrow. Both of these utterances convey the same intention: book a room for tomorrow. Another utterance might be: Book me a suite for three nights starting tomorrow.
When creating sample utterances, try to create variations and also with a wide range of semantics for each intent. It’s a good practice to create multiple variations of the same phrase. For example, create two utterances: book a room and reserve a room.
Add an utterance
- In the Utterances tab, type an utterance in the empty field, and press Enter.
- Add more utterances to the intent, as needed.
Edit an utterance
- Click an utterance and modify the information, as required.
Delete an utterance
- Select an utterance and click the Delete button.
Use the Search filter to locate all utterances that use a specific keyword. This feature is useful when you have a large number of utterances for your intent.
- In the Search field, type a word to locate all instances of that word in multiple utterances.