What are intents?
Intents describe a goal or task that a user wants to do, such as tracking their package or booking a cab. A user will interact with a bot to resolve their intent. The dialog model you build must identify a user’s intent accurately based on their input.
A user might say: “I need a room for tomorrow.” or “I want to book a room for tomorrow.” The intent of the user is to book a room, though the phrases that they use to convey the intent are different.
When creating intents for your chat bot, try to create one intent per activity. Let’s say your bot is in a gaming domain, and your bot can tell players about their points or book them a table at one of the casino’s restaurants. It is a good practice to create one intent for points balance and one intent for booking a table.
Create an intent
- From the Intents page, click Add Intent.
- Enter an intent name for the intent.
- Click Save. The Utterances page will be displayed after the intent is saved.
- To add more intents, go to the Intents page and click Add Intent.
Modify an intent
You can modify only the name of an intent.
- From the Intents page, click Edit next to an intent.
- Change the name of the intent and click Save.
Delete an intent
- From the Intents page, click Delete next to an intent.
- Click Delete in the confirmation dialog.