Working with Bots
From Genesys Documentation
This topic is part of the manual Genesys Dialog Engine User Guide for version 9.0 of Genesys Dialog Engine.
A bot can either use an existing NLU Domain or it can operate as an independent entity.
The Bots section on the home page displays a list of bots that are available for your organisation.
With a bot, you can do the following activities:
- Add a bot that will work with NLU domains.
- View the intents, utterances, and slots available for the bot.
- Mark some slots as mandatory in utterances.
- Add prompts to be displayed by the bot in a conversation.
- Add confirmation questions that will be sent by the bot to confirm that it has understood the user’s intent.
Add a bot
- Click Create a new Bot from the home page (the first page displayed after you log in).
- Enter a name for the bot.
- (Optional) Enter a greeting or welcome message that the bot will use to greet users.
- Click Create to create the bot.