Route an action map to an agent queue
From Genesys Documentation
This topic is part of the manual Genesys Predictive Engagement Administrator's Guide for version Current of Genesys Predictive Engagement.
Learn how to route an action map to an agent queue for chat offers.
- Configure the following permissions in Genesys Cloud:
- Journey > Action Map > Add, Delete, Edit, and View (to create action maps)
- Journey > Action Target > View (to select a team to handle interactions from the action map)
- Create segments.
- Create outcomes.
About targets for action maps
When Genesys Predictive Engagement presents an offer to chat to a visitor, that offer can include an invitation to speak directly with a live agent assigned to the queue to which the action map routes. Multiple action maps can route to the same target queue.
Genesys Predictive Engagement allows chat offers when the following criteria are met:
- Genesys Predictive Engagement can offer web actions, such as web chats and content offers, every 10 seconds. Visitors may experience a delay in receiving these types of offers.
- Only use the Route if agents available option for web chat engagements that you don't intend to route to a bot.
- Multiple action maps can route to the same target queue.
- Action map conditions are met.
- URL conditions are verified.
- Throttling allows the chat. By default, throttling aims to have 80% of chats answered within 20 seconds.
- For Genesys Engage Premises customers only, the Agent Pacing Service determines agent availability.
- Agents are on queue.
- Chat is within scheduled hours.
Genesys Predictive Engagement calculates the service level based on the queue's configuration in Genesys Cloud.
Specify agent queue
using chatbots, move the Route if agents available slider to Yes.
- If the Route if agents available option is turned off, Genesys Predictive Engagement sends the engagement to the queue that you specify regardless of whether an agent in the queue is available.
- If chatbots are handling interactions, do not turn on the Route if agents available option.
TipFor more information about advanced routing, see Genesys Predictive Engagement with advanced chat routing.
- Deleted or removed queues aren't available for selection.
- If a queue that you selected previously becomes unavailable, a warning appears next to the queue list box.
- If you do not select a queue and you configured a default or general queue, Genesys Predictive Engagement sends all engagements from this action map to the configured queue. Genesys Predictive Engagement doesn't make routing decisions; they are platform dependent.