Action maps overview
A group of customers who share similar behavior or characteristics.
An action that interacts directly with users through a web page. For example, content offers and web chats are web actions.
The definition of how Predictive Engagement will interact with specific users. Action maps define which users, which webpages, and which types of engagements to use. For example, an action might display an offer to chat to all users from Canada who visit a Fall Clearance page.
An action map represents the steps that Genesys Predictive Engagement takes to achieve a particular business result.
For each action map, you must select its action.
- Some action maps use web actions. Web actions engage with a visitor directly. For example, you can create an action map that presents a web chat to visitors who go to a particular page for your current promotional campaign. The chat might ask the visitor whether they want to speak directly with someone in sales, who could then help them complete their purchase.
- Some action maps, such as webhooks, use actions that react to visitor behavior, but do not interact with a visitor directly.
Qualified action maps
Action maps that qualify from a customer segment assignment only trigger once per assignment in a customer lifetime. After that, the action maps no longer qualify.
The types of triggers that you can define are:
- Who the visitor is (what group or segment the visitor belongs to)
- What actions the visitor takes on your website
Offered action maps
The following considerations determine whether a qualified action map gets offered to a user:
- Priority: The action map's priority determines which action map is offered in the event that multiple action maps are qualified for a visitor.
- URL: For web-based actions (web chats and content offers), you can apply an action map to specific webpages.
- Timing: When you select the action for an action map, you specify when the action works.
- Schedule: For action maps that offer web chats, you can select a schedule that indicates when the contact center is open to interact with customers.
- Activation status: An action must be active for it to work.