Learn about Billing Data Service (BDS) and how it works in Genesys Multicloud CX private edition.
Billing Data Service
BDS provides the data required for the Genesys financial organization to bill customers for subscription services.
The main functions of BDS are:
- Daily extraction of historical reporting and configuration data needed for billing.
- Aggregation of that data into daily and monthly summary files.
- Automated transmission of daily and monthly files to Genesys back-office for invoicing.
- Local storage of encrypted billing files as backup, or for other purposes.
- Creates local reports based on the various agent seat metric calculations.
Supported Kubernetes platforms
Billing Data Service is supported on the following cloud platforms:
- Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS)
- Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE)
- OpenShift Container Platform (OpenShift)
See the Billing Data Service release notes for information about when support was introduced.