Trigger an action map
A set of related events that involve a single user, within a given timeframe.
When a trigger determines that Genesys Predictive Engagement should offer an action map to a user, the action map is qualified for that user.
Learn how to define a condition that causes Genesys Predictive Engagement to offer an action map to a particular visitor.
- Configure the following permissions in Genesys Cloud:
- Journey > Action Map > Add, Delete, Edit, and View (to create action maps)
- Journey > Action Target > View (to select a team to handle interactions from the action map)
- Deploy the Genesys Predictive Engagement tracking snippet on the website that you want to track (to trigger the action map based on event conditions)
- To trigger an action map based on other events, use ac('record') to send Genesys Predictive Engagement data about events that you want to track.
- Create segments.
- Create outcomes.
About triggering action maps
- When Genesys Predictive Engagement matches a visitor to a segment
- When the visitor does something specific on your website
- The probability that the visitor will achieve a given business outcome
If multiple action maps are qualified, the priority of each action map determines which one Genesys Predictive Engagement offers to the visitor. For more information, see Set the priority.
A customer cannot qualify for the same action map multiple times in a single session.
Trigger based on segment match
If you select multiple segments, the action map triggers when a visitor matches any of them.You can trigger an action map based on one or more segments, and you can also trigger it based on an outcome probability. However, you cannot trigger it based on a visitor's activity.
Trigger based on visitor activity
To trigger an action map based on a visitor's activity, you can select one or more visitor journey attributes, which represent the specific events that occur.
First deploy the Genesys Predictive Engagement tracking snippet on the website to track. This snippet allows you to track standard web events. To trigger an action map based on other events, use ac('record') to send Genesys Predictive Engagement data about events that you want to track.
If you specify multiple visitor journey attributes, the action map triggers when a visitor matches all the attributes. Genesys Predictive Engagement evaluates the attributes in the order that you define them.
To trigger an action map based on a visitor journey attribute, you cannot trigger the action map based on a segment or an outcome probability. Select the visitor journey attribute and then complete the attribute definition using one of the supported operators.
Trigger based on outcome probability
You can trigger an action map based on the probability that a visitor will achieve a given business outcome, based on the behavior of visitors who achieved that outcome previously.
To trigger an action map based on an outcome probability, you can also trigger it based on a visitor's segments, but you cannot trigger it based on a visitor's activity (event condition).
For more information about how to define outcome probabilities, see About outcome predictions and probabilities.