Learn how to configure the information about sessions and events that appears to agents.
- Configure the following permissions in Genesys Cloud:
- Journey > Session Type > View
- Journey > Session Type > Add
- Journey > Session Type > Edit
- Journey > Session Type > Delete
- Journey > Event Type > View
- Journey > Event Type > Add
- Journey > Event Type > Edit
- Journey > Event Type > Delete
When agents view a customer's journey information, they see customer activity as a set of cards. Each card represents a separate session. The Session Library allows you to configure how data from web sessions and custom sessions appears to agents on these cards.
This article describes how to configure the high-level session information (its name and whether or not it is generally visible to agents). After you review this article, be sure to read and configure the following:
View sessions and events
- Admin > Altocloud > Session Library
- To see the events for a particular session, click the session's name.
Configure a session
The first step in configuring a session is to give it a name that is meaningful to you. This will help you distinguish and identify sessions. For example, you might want to include the name of the third-party system. You can also select whether or not agents see a session card for the session.
Continue configuring the session by reviewing this links:
Display session cards to agents
In order for agents to view cards for a particular type of session, you must set the Display to Agents toggle to Yes. This toggle appears on the main page of the Session Library and when you view the configuration pages for a particular type of session.In some cases, an event may arrive before you have finished your configuration. In this case, Altocloud automatically creates a new session using its default configuration values. You can edit the session configuration later, as needed.