Prepare a Genesys Cloud integration for use with an Altocloud webhook
Learn how to prepare a Genesys Cloud integration for use with an Altocloud integration.
- Configure the following permissions in Genesys Cloud:
- Integrations > Integration > Add, Delete, Edit, View
- Integrations> Action > Add, Delete, Edit, Execute, View
- For more information on the Genesys Cloud permissions, see Requirements for the data actions integration.
Configure a Genesys Cloud integration
Before you configure a webhook in Altocloud, install and configure an integration in Genesys Cloud.
You can use any type of existing Genesys Cloud integration with an Altocloud webhook.
- You can use any type of Genesys Cloud integration. This includes, but is not limited to, the Genesys Cloud Data Actions integration.
- After you install your configuration, you must also select and configure the unlocked data action to use.
When you first install a Genesys Cloud integration, it is automatically set to the active status. The integration must remain active in order for an Altocloud webhook to use it. To verify this, check the setting of the Status toggle on the main Integrations page.
Configure a Genesys Cloud data action
- If you add a new data action, do not select the HIPAA/Secure Data checkbox.
- If you reuse an existing data action, be sure it is unlocked.
- After the data action is published, you cannot change its lock setting.
- Add or select the unlocked data action to use with the integration.
- Associate the data action with your integration and configure it. The configuration options for the data action are specific to the data action itself. For more information about possible configuration options, see Data actions on the About Integrations page.
- Save and publish your data actions.