Outcome probabilities

From Genesys Documentation
Jump to: navigation, search
This topic is part of the manual Altocloud Administrator's Guide for version Current of Altocloud.

Learn how to trigger an action map based on the likelihood that an outcome will occur.

Prerequisites

Configure outcome probabilities

When you create an action map, you configure it to trigger based on the probability that a user will achieve an outcome. For information about how Altocloud, predicts outcome probabilities, see Overview of outcome predictions and probabilities.

  1. In the action map, under Configure outcome probability, select the outcome.
  2. Use the sliders to configure the outcome probability.

Trigger an action map based on outcome probabilities

You can create an action map that triggers when:

After you select an outcome, these configuration choices appear as two sliders:

SlidersOnly.png


Tip
  • To minimize an outcome, such as preventing a call to Support, use only the Set likelihood to achieve outcome slider.
  • To maximize an outcome, such as making a sale, use both sliders.

Example: Minimize the likelihood of a negative outcome

You want to initiate a proactive chat when a customer is on the Contact Us page and is likely to call for assistance. To avoid the phone call, you set the Set likelihood to achieve outcome slider to 70% because Altocloud estimates that by the time a customer is on the Contact Us page, they are 70% likely to call Support.

Example: Maximize the likelihood of a positive outcome

When a customer puts an item in their shopping cart, Altocloud predicts that a customer is 70% likely to complete their purchase. However, when a customer subsequently removes the item from their cart, Altocloud changes its prediction to 30% or less. To get the customer back on track if this happens, set the Set likelihood to achieve outcome slider to 70% and the Detect change in behavior slider to 30% because you want to pop a chat that encourages the customer to complete their purchase.

Trigger based only on outcome probabilities

You can trigger the action map based on a combination of a matched segment or visitor action and the probability of them achieving an outcome. However, you do not have to.

Trigger an action map by outcome probability

1

To configure the action map to trigger based on the likelihood of an outcome occurring:

  1. From the Configure Outcome Probability list, select the outcome.
  2. Set the Set likelihood to achieve outcome slider to the desired value.
Important
The setting of the Set likelihood to achieve outcome slider means that the likelihood of the customer achieving the outcome is greater than or equal to the percentage you set.

Trigger an action map based on a change in behavior

1

To configure the action map to trigger based on a change in the customer's behavior:

  1. From the Configure Outcome Probability list, select the outcome.
  2. Set the Set likelihood to achieve outcome slider to the desired value.
  3. Select the Detect change in behavior box.
  4. Set the Detect change in behavior slider to the desired value.
Important
The setting of the Detect change in behavior slider means that the new likelihood of the customer achieving the outcome is less than or equal to the percentage you set.


Improve your results

Initially set the sliders to approximate positions. Start with any reasonable values and observe the effect of the action map. After a few days, change the settings and compare your new results. Adjust the sliders as often as you want until you achieve the results you want.