OAuth allows your PureEngage users to access Altocloud's features and data without requiring agents to log in to the Altocloud server directly.
Configure the following permissions in PureCloud:
- Journey > Settings > Edit or View permission
About OAuth with Altocloud
OAuth is an open authorization standard that allows systems to share data without requiring agents to log in to both systems.
For the purposes of Altocloud, you must create an OAuth application for each of your PureEngage servers, so that agents who use those servers can access the Altocoud server directly.
Create an OAuth client
ImportantCreate an OAuth client for each of your PureEngage servers.
- Click Settings > OAuth Client.
- Click Create client.
- In the App Name box, type the name of your the application that wants to connect to Altocloud.
- In the Contact Email box, type your administrator's email address.
- In the App Description box, type a description of the application that wants to connect to Altocloud.
- The Callback URL and the Image URL are not needed for PureEngage integrations with Altocloud. These fields are reserved for future integrations.
- Click Save.
- After the OAuth client is created, Altocloud displays the client's a client-id and client-secret. Use these values to configure the Altocloud Plugin for Workspace Desktop Edition on your PureEngage servers.