- 1 Overview
- 2 Supported channels
- 3 How conversation sessions begin
- 4 How we verify contacts in a conversation
- 5 Conversation session cards
- 6 Session card colors
- 7 Session card icons
- 8 Status and wrap up codes
- 9 Conversation events in segments, outcomes, and action maps
- 10 Web chats vs. web sessions
- 11 Scenario: Remind a customer to register their purchase for a warranty
Understand how to capture information about customer conversation interactions (phone calls and chats) present it to agents.
- Configure the following permissions in Genesys Cloud:
- In order to see custom sessions and custom events, agents must be assigned specific permissions.
When you track your website with Altocloud, we also capture the history of conversation interactions between agents and customers. A conversation interaction is any interaction that involves a phone call or web chat. For each conversation interaction we create a corresponding conversation session.
The following channels are supported as conversation sessions are:
- Inbound calls
- Outbound calls
How conversation sessions begin
A conversation session can begin when:
- A customer calls the support center (inbound call)
- When an agent calls a customer (outbound call)
- When Altocloud offers a chat and the customer accepts the offer
- When the customer initiates a chat directly on a web page (reactive chat)
How we verify contacts in a conversation
When a customer comes to your website, we attempt to verify their identity using their personal identifiable information (phone number or email address). Additionally, an agent can manually verify a customer. For more information, see About external contacts.
Conversation session cards
Session card colors
The following table explains the significance of the session card colors.
|White||Abandoned. The customer ended the conversation before the agent could assign a wrap-up code.|
|Gray||Inactive. The conversation session has ended. The agent has assigned a wrap-up code.|
|Blue||Active. The conversation session is ongoing.|
Session card icons
As a conversation session progresses, the icon displayed in the session card may change. The following table explains the icons that appear in the session card.
Status and wrap up codes
The available statuses are:
- Waiting: the customer is in the queue and waiting for an agent to accept the interaction
- Ended by Customer: the customer has abandoned the call or chat
Conversation events in segments, outcomes, and action maps
During a conversation, we record the following events:
- Routed (waiting in queue)
- Connected to agent
- Ended (either of the following)
- Agent wraps up
- Customer abandons (ends the session before the agent wraps it up)
You can use these events to trigger an action map, but only if that action map uses an Architect flow action.
Web chats vs. web sessions
Agents see separate session cards for web sessions and conversation sessions:
- A web session begins when a customer comes to a web page where the Altocloud tracking snippet is deployed. In the Session Library, you can customize the title for the conversation cards for web sessions. For more information, see Set the session card title.
- A conversation session begins when a customer accepts an invitation to chat or initiates a web chat on their own. The title of a web chat is always Web Chat.