Create a content offer
A content offer is a type of Genesys Predictive Engagement action that triggers on a website when a visitor's behavior or segment matches the criteria defined in an action map.
- Configure the following permissions in Genesys Cloud:
- Journey > Action Map > Add , Delete, Edit, and View (to create action maps)
- Journey > Action Template > Add, Delete, Edit, and View (to configure content offers)
- Uploads > publicAsset > upload (to upload images for content offers)
Create a content offer
You create content offers in the Action Library. Specify a descriptive and meaningful name and description (for example, Spring Break Getaway Offer 2019). Define the content and design of your content offer, as described in the tables that follow.
After you create a content offer, it appears on the Content Offer tab in the Action Library.
- Layout: Layout of the text and image within the content offer.
- Image: Image to display in the offer. You can either upload the image to Genesys Predictive Engagement or point to its URL. For more information, see Include an image.
- Heading: Prominent headline text. Example: Exclusive offer just for you! Restricted to a maximum of 50 characters.
- Subheading: Secondary text to accompany the main heading. Example: Book now and get 10% off. Restricted to a maximum of 100 characters.
- Body: Description of the offer. Example: Book now and add discount code 123456 at the checkout to save 10%. Restricted to a maximum of 500 characters.
- Button text: Short string to display inside the call-to-action button. Example: Book Now. Restricted to a maximum of 15 characters.
- Destination URL: URL of the page to display when a visitor clicks the call-to-action button.
- Open link in: Indicates how to open the destination URL, either in the current window or in a new tab or window.
Include an image
To include an image in your content offer, you can either upload the image file to Genesys Predictive Engagement or point to its URL.
Upload an image file
Drag and drop the image file onto the upload area, or browse to the file and select it. The maximum file size per uploaded image is 512 KB. The optimal image dimensions are 400px X 400px.
Following are the valid formats for images.
|APNG||Animated Portable Network Graphics||image/apng|
|GIF||Graphics Interchange Format||image/gif|
|ICO or CUR||Microsoft Icon||image/x-icon|
|JPG or JPEG||Joint Photographic Expert Group image||image/jpeg|
|PNG||Portable Network Graphics||image/png|
|SVG||Scalable Vector Graphics||image/svg+xml|
|WEBP||Web Picture format||image/webp|
Point to a URL
- Type: Indicates where the content offer appears on a webpage and whether the visitor can interact with other web page elements while the content offer is onscreen.
- Modal - Content offer covers all other webpage content. Visitors cannot interact with other webpage elements onscreen. If the visitor clicks outside of the content offer window, the content offer window closes.
- Overlay (Non-modal) - Content offer covers all other webpage content, but visitors can interact with other webpage elements while the content offer is onscreen.
- Toast (Non-modal) - Content offer displays in a small notification window that does not obscure other webpage content. Visitors can interact with other webpage elements onscreen.
- Background Color: Content offer's background color.
- Heading, Subheading, Body, and CTA button: Style options for the heading, subheading, body, and call-to-action button. By default, the inherited font is the Google Roboto font. You can change the font or disable the Google font download. For more information, see Disable Roboto font download.
- CTA Button color: Call-to-action button color.
- Close Button: Opacity and color of the Close (X) button that appears in the top right corner of the content offer.
- Position: Onscreen positioning of the content.
- Padding: Padding around the content offer, either in pixels or as a percentage.
Publish the content offer
Link the content offer to an action map
After you publish a content offer, link it to an action map so that your website visitors can see it. The action map defines the conditions that trigger the content offer. You can either create an action map to link the content offer to, or link it to an existing action map.Specify when to activate the content offer and the time period during which to use the content offer. For more information about action maps, see About action maps.
When you are ready to go live with your content offer, verify the following items:
- Is the content offer action (action template) published?
- Is the action map that uses the content offer active?
After you go live, monitor your content offer's performance.