Create a web chat offer
Learn how to create a web chat offer for your website.
About web messaging
Example: Create an action map for a web chat offer
Configure an action map to offer a web chat
Select the web chat action
Configure the activation time and duration
- Activation time
- Immediately: Present the web chat offer as soon as a visitor arrives on your website.
- On return to site: Present the web chat offer when a visitor returns to your website.
- Delay: Delay presenting the web chat offer the specified number of seconds or minutes after a visitor arrives on your website.
- Time range: Time period to present the web chat offer. To present the offer indefinitely, don't specify an end date. ImportantTo designate when agents are available, you can select a schedule group. Genesys Predictive Engagement offers chats only when agents are available to connect with visitors who accept the chat offers.
Configure the chat offer content
- Offer title text: Text to display in the title bar of the chat window.
- Offer text: Text to display in the chat window to invite the visitor to chat.
- Accept button caption: Text to display on the button that accepts the chat offer.
- Decline button caption: Text to display on the button that declines the chat offer.
Configure the visitor data to capture
Your chat window can capture essential information about your visitors. For example, company name, email, family name, gender, given name, and phone number.
Genesys Predictive Engagement pre-populates some items for you. However, you can change the settings as necessary.
- [Type]: Type of data to capture.
- [Label]: Data label to display to visitors.
- Required: If selected, visitors are required to provide the data.
- Delete icon: Allows you to remove the data item from the chat window.
- Add more: Allows you to add another data item to the chat window.
- Done: Saves your changes.