Create a webhook
- Configure the following permissions in Genesys Cloud:
- Integrations > Integration > Add, Delete, Edit, View
- Integrations> Action > Add, Delete, Edit, Execute, View
- Journey > Action Template > Add, Delete, Edit, View
- Prepare a Genesys Cloud integration for use with a Genesys Predictive Engagement webhook.
Create a webhook
You create webhooks in the Action Library. Provide a descriptive and meaningful name and description (for example, Adobe Integration). Specify the Genesys Cloud integration and data action to use. Map each data action field to a hard-coded, static value or real-time visitor data using dynamic lookups.After you create a webhook, it appears on the Webhook tab in the Action Library.
- Integration: Genesys Cloud integration to use.
- Data action: Data action to use to access data.
- Data action field: Data action field to map to the webhook request.
- Obtained by: Source of the field's value. You can use hard-coded, static values or dynamic lookups to map real-time data about visitors.ImportantYou must map all fields defined for the integration's input contract.
Each data action populates one or more data fields in the backend system. You need to map each of these data fields to the source of the data from Genesys Predictive Engagement. You can either provide a hard-coded value or use a dynamic lookup.Remember, an action map triggers the webhook, and that action map triggers because a visitor with specific characteristics or behaviors is on your website. To capture the specific data about that particular visitor, use dynamic lookups.
- You must map all fields defined for the integration's input contract.
- There is no way to verify that the dynamic lookup you select will have a corresponding mapped value when the data action runs. The data action runs in any case.
Publish the webhook
Link the webhook to an action map
After you publish a webhook, link it to an action map. The action map defines the conditions that trigger the webhook. You can either create an action map to link the webhook to, or link it to an existing action map.Specify when to activate the webhook and the time period during which to use the webhook. For more information about action maps, see About action maps.
When you are ready to go live with your webhook, verify the following items:
- Is the webhook action (action template) published?
- Is the action map that uses the webhook active?
- Is the Genesys Cloud integration assigned to the action template active?
- Is the Genesys Cloud data action saved and published?