Build a webhook
Learn how to build a webhook that will use a Genesys Cloud to integrate with a third-party system.
- Configure the following permissions in Genesys Cloud:
- Integrations > Integration > Add, Delete, Edit, View
- Integrations> Action > Add, Delete, Edit, Execute, View
- Journey > Action Template > Add, Delete, Edit, View
- Prepare a Genesys Cloud integration for use with an Altocloud webhook.
Create a webhook
To create a webhook, start in the action library.
- Admin > Altocloud > Action Library.
- Click the Webhook tab.
- Click Create webhook.
- Provide a meaningful name and description.
- Select the integration you created in Genesys Cloud.
- Select the data action.
- For each data action input contract value field, create a mapping that specifies where the field's value comes from. Use hard-coded, static values or use dynamic lookups to map real-time data about customers. ImportantYou must map all fields defined for the integration's input contract.
- Do one of the following:
- If the webhook is not ready for use with action maps, click Save as draft.
- If the webhook is ready for use with action maps, click Save and publish.ImportantAfter you publish a webhook, you can no longer edit it. If you no longer need it, you can archive it.
Each data action populates one or more data fields in the backend system. You need to map each of these data fields to the source of the data from Altocloud. You can either provide a hard-coded value or use a dynamic lookup.
Remember, the webhook will be triggered by an action map, and that action map will be triggered because a user with specific characteristics or behaviors is on your website. To capture the specific data about that particular user, use dynamic lookups.
- You must map all fields defined for the integration's input contract.
- There is no way to verify that the dynamic lookup you select will have a corresponding mapped value at the time when the data action is executed. The data action will be executed in any case.
To see the full list of available dynamic lookups, click the following links:
Use the webhook with an action map
- Build an action map.
- Under Select action, click Configure.
- Click Webhook and then click Next
- Select the webhook you want and click Next.
- Select how and when the webhook will work.
- Click Finish.
When you are ready to go live with your webhook, verify the following items:
- Is the webhook action (action template) published?
- Is the action map that uses the webhook active?
- Is the Genesys Cloud integration that is assigned to the action template active?
- Is the Genesys Cloud data action saved and published?