Best practices for action maps
From Genesys Documentation
This topic is part of the manual Genesys Predictive Engagement Administrator's Guide for version Current of Genesys Predictive Engagement.
Improve your action maps by reviewing best practices.
When you design action maps, consider the following points:
- If a customer is progressing towards a business outcome, do not impede their progress by popping an unnecessary chat window. Intervene only when a customer's activity indicates that they are no longer on track to achieve the outcome you want.
- Genesys Predictive Engagement automatically tracks when a customer does any of the following things:
- Completes fields in a form
- Searches for something
- Responds to a chat offer
- Does not respond to a chat offer
- Initially responds to a chat offer but then remains inactive until the offer times out
- Genesys Predictive Engagement can also track custom events that you define. You can then configure the action map to trigger if one of these custom events occurs. For example:
- A customer adds an item to their shopping cart but then removed items or abandoned the shopping cart
- The priority of an action map affects when it triggers.