Best practices for action maps
From Genesys Documentation
Improve your action maps by reviewing best practices.
When you design action maps, consider the following points:
- If a customer is progressing towards a business outcome, do not impede their progress by popping an unnecessary chat window. Intervene only when a customer's activity indicates that they are no longer on track to achieve the outcome you want.
- Altocloud automatically tracks when a customer does any of the following things:
- Completes fields in a form
- Searches for something
- Responds to a chat offer
- Does not respond to a chat offer
- Initially responds to a chat offer but then remains inactive until the offer times out
- Altocloud can also track custom events that you define. You can then configure the action map to trigger if one of these custom events occurs. For example:
- A customer adds an item to their shopping cart but then removed items or abandoned the shopping cart
- The priority of an action map affects when it triggers.