How actions work
From Genesys Documentation
This topic is part of the manual Genesys Predictive Engagement Administrator's Guide for version Current of Genesys Predictive Engagement.
Learn how actions work.
How action maps and actions work together
Action maps and actions work together to provide meaningful and timely customer engagement.
- A visitor views a website that Genesys Predictive Engagement tracks.
- Genesys Predictive Engagement monitors the visitor's behavior on the website.
- Genesys Predictive Engagement uses action maps to determine when and how to take action.
When actions work
When you select the type of action to use, you specify its activation time and duration. For an action map that offers a web chat, you can select a schedule group to designate when agents are available. Genesys Predictive Engagement offers chats only when agents are available to connect with visitors who accept the chat offers.
How throttling works
Genesys Predictive Engagement monitors the states of chat engagements to track the service level observed on a queue. Genesys Cloud calculates the service level according to the standard Genesys Cloud formula. Genesys Cloud uses the observed service level values to predict the service level on the queue for the next minute. If the service level is predicted to fall below the configured service level for the queue, Genesys Predictive Engagement throttles the number of chat offers to improve the service level. Once the service level is predicted to be at or above the configured service level, Genesys Predictive Engagement reduces throttling and offers more actions.
- Service level throttling only applies for webchat action maps when Route when agents are available is enabled on the action map.
- The service level configured for the queue is not a target that throttling aims to achieve; instead, it's the minimum under which throttling starts. Observed service levels on a queue may be above the configured service level.
- Short abandons don't count toward service level calculations for throttling purposes.